To make sure the project runs smoothly, please keep to these guidelines when you submit your work:
- You can submit up to 4 pieces for selection They can be on any topic, in any genre.
- They don't have to have been read at one of the 1000monkeys events, and it doesn't matter if they have been published elsewhere.
- If a piece has appeared elsewhere, please make sure you still hold the copyright and tell us where it has appeared, so that we can include an acknowledgement.
- Send us email submissions only, as attachments in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject heading of your email put your full name and SUBMISSION (eg: John Smith SUBMISSION)
- Submit each piece as a separate .docx or .rtf file attachment with its title and your name. (We can't easily open files in .doc format)
- In the body of each file head each poem/story with its title and add your name at the bottom ( if it hasn't got a title we'll use the first line of the piece as the title if it's selected.)
- Unless you're doing something very clever and original with fonts, please use Times Roman size 11 as the font throughout. (We will format the titles.)
- We can accommodate interesting tabulations and lineations (up to a point!)
- No alterations or resubmissions, after you have sent us your work. We'll proof-read at the editing stage.
- The final selection of work for the anthology will be decided by Jan Windle and Dónall Dempsey.
We'll tell you by April 30th which submissions will be included and then we'll ask you for a 50-word piece about yourself to include in the biographies section of the book. You'll receive a proof of your pages in the book to check, before we finalise the manuscript.
We plan to publish and launch the book in June 2015
We're really looking forward to reading your submissions!